Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Update: Marriage Mondays

6/26/2007
Refresh yourself as a mother by going on a women’s retreat or a night out with Dad.




It looks like the concept of Marriage Mondays is officially being kicked off, so to speak! I will continue to give thought to the purpose and potential of this idea. I am also working on a button, in hopes that you will choose to post a link on your site. It would also be great if you would drop by on Mondays to see what's new and read the Marriage Thought of the Day. We would also really like it if you would share your plans to do something special within your marriage on Mondays, or any time at all. If you have any other ideas, such as posting themes or other information each week, please contact me.
Once I have enough thoughts together, I will create an official homepage for Marriage Mondays, with links and comment sharing. We will have to see where it goes from there and hopefully the ideas will take on a life of it's own. Again, your feedback is welcome.

Did anyone participate in Marriage Mondays yesterday? I did. My original idea was to email my husband and have him choose the dinner menu, but he was too busy to reply. I had also considered not emailing him with any to dos or other rants throughout the day. I got off a bad start with my first email, which included a request to fix our home computer; however, from there on in, I held myself back and did not send my usual stream of emails - until late afternoon, anyway....Hey, you have to start somewhere! I think I made up for it later and I think my husband is feeling pretty enthused about Marriage Mondays. I don't think it is too much to ask to give a little bit of thought and care to the marriage, at least one day of the week!

Hope to hear from all of you on ideas for keeping your marriage strong, especially through difficult or stressful times, such as the infant and toddler stages!!!

Have a great day!

No comments: