Wednesday, June 20, 2007

MY NEW LEAF

And so it begins...This is my first entry to what I am hoping will be a fun and rewarding blog. I was seeking an idea on a concept with purpose and am grateful that my prayers were answered so quickly. After spending some time with a friend today, talking about blogs and web pages and children and life, the idea for this blog suddenly came to me. The brainstorm I was having initially was around turning a new leaf in our thoughts, our habits and our behaviors. This also lead me want to think about new things we can do with our children so that all of us are having quality experiences, while also building relationships and creating happy memories. I am a firm believer that if it is not working for you, you have to act to change it (turn a new leaf). I think that this can be particularly true when we are at home managing our households and trying to do our best to raise our children and keep ourselves all together in the process. Children may thrive off of routine, but they also thrive off of new activities that challenge and stimulate them. I want this to be a place where I can provide new ideas, resources or links for a wide range of daily situations, such as:

- activities for parents and children

- activities for just children

- family outings

- sharing your time and talents

- photography

- meals and cooking

- buying and selling household stuff

- motherhood stuff

...and much, much more

I am not claiming to be an expert in all or any of these areas - but these are things that affect my life, so why not share in the process of learning what works and what doesn't! I have a few subjects in mind - and have actually introduced them to the concept already today (next post). All new ideas shared on this blog will be categorized with bold and capitalized headings. I will also try to post or update you on what has worked (or not) for my family and friends. Please feel free to share your own thoughts, ideas and feedback as well.

Welcome to...
NEW LEAF TIMES
"Turn a new leaf in your life today :)"


Meet my subjects:


My better half (I mean that)


Our first born (Ja1)


Our newest cutie-pie (Ja2)


Favorite neighbour 1


Favorite neighbour 2

No comments: