Tuesday, June 26, 2007

SAVINGS: Toonie Tuesdays - Deals

Here is an idea, if Marriage Mondays doesn't take off -- TOONIE TUESDAYS...a day to share ideas on saving money, thrifty shopping and deals, deals, deals!!! At least I feel somewhat qualified to write on this topic, since I do happen to be an extremely thrifty (conscientious) shopper! I guess it could way beyond shopping to facts about saving money on household bills, deals on insurance, savings plans and SO MUCH MORE! I think there are probably lots of families that could benefit from sharing knowledge about SAVING MONEY!

So, what's my TOONIE TUESDAY TIP OF THE DAY? Well, I just found out that where we live, McDonald's has Hamburger Happy Meals for $1.99 on Tuesdays! I never saw myself as being a "McDonald's parent", and we really don't eat a lot of fast food, but check it out...
For $1.99 you get a hamburger, toy, fries OR apple slices and a drink. For a drink you can choose from a small white milk, small chocolate milk, juice or child-sized pop. ALSO, parents get a free coffee! That is a cheap trip to McDonald's and kind-of a fun outing, especially if your McDonald's has a Play Land, which ours does not. You can even feel good about promoting healthier choices by getting the milk and apples. We got one fries and one apples and split :) The coffee wasn't bad either!

Please submit your thoughts, ideas and thrifty secrets HERE or email me HERE and I will post them for you.

No comments: