Monday, December 3, 2007

The Kind of Day I Had

The kind of day I had was one where it seems like one bad thing happens after another. It started when my husband brought our youngest son into our room first thing in the am with a diaper that was too full....Ooops, a leak on our King size mattress that is only a few years old! Eak!
The next little issue that always seems bigger at the time was the fact that the boys would not go down to sleep at nap time. They fussed for a good hour before one finally dosed off and I caved with the other and put a movie on so he'd at least stay in his room for some "quiet time". Shortly thereafter I was shaking a big can of white paint so that I could touch up the train table when "cur plunk", I dropped it on the floor and it burst open! Luckily the paint was thick and most importantly, I was in the laundry room where the carpet can be thrown out!
Next, I went out to do some errands and get my husband a battery for his watch. I took the battery with me but what do you know, I lost it! Somewhere along the way I lost it! He doesn't know yet. I don't think he could handle this info at the moment.
Which leads me to the final scene - I got home a little later than I should have from my errands to find my husband battling with our oldest about getting into bed. Then he said "go look in our room". Our son had taken two different shades of marker and drew all over our exposed mattress...exposed because, if you recall, the morning accident (sheets and mattress cover are in the wash). What a day.
And now, before heading off to bed, I will thank God for each of the tribulations that I faced today. Why? Because these things are nothing, a ridiculous flash in the pan really - I mean, well, you'll understand...Prepare yourself...
Today my sister's best friends buried their infant son. He was due this week but did not make it into this world. His father carried his tiny casket and did not set it down for the entire service. I was not there but this is a visual that brings further heaviness to my sorrowful heart. I don't know why I am posting this or if I will leave it up - I do want to honour their baby boy angel. A shining star.
I wrote something for him but have not given it to them so I will not post it here. I just wanted to take time out to write because this is something that I have thought about constantly since I found out what happened, last week. It's like it is part of me. My prayers are for God's comfort for this family. My heart goes out to them...and now, probably, so does yours. I may write again, we'll see.
Prayers for comfort, strength and faith are appreciated.

No comments: