Sunday, September 30, 2007

What I Am Reading: The Power of

[For Parents] Have you ever been almost paralyzed
by the fear of something happening to one of your children out in this big, unpredictable world that we live in? Do you believe in God's grace and desire for good things to happen in our lives and our families?
Perhaps you would enjoy reading this book which seems to be based on teaching or reminding us that we can do great things for our children and for ourselves by praying for them and then releasing our fears and trusting God.

I just started reading this book for a workshop
that I am involved in. I did not know
what to expect when I picked it up, but throughout
the first two chapters I was pleasantly surprised.
I can relate to the author.
From childhood to parenting, we have shared some
common experiences. She is effective in putting
thoughts and ideas to paper and I am interested in
reading further.

I have enjoyed reading that there is a way to
release or at least ease the sometimes heavy and
overwhelming load of motherly worries. We love our
kids so much that we can not bare the thought of any-
thing ever causing them pain or worry...

We can not shelter them from the world but
we can pray for their well-being.

If you have read this book, I would like to hear
what you thought of it.

No comments: