Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Joy Of Ice Cream

I felt like I owed it to every woman out there to tell you about this scrumptious new ice cream that has come into my life today! I have to admit that I have a major weakness for ice cream. It used to be chips - but then it turned into chocolate and then ice cream. I guess right now it is both chocolate AND ice cream, so I usually try to select ice cream that CONTAINS chocolate. I think you get my point. Anyway, today I felt like a change and was really excited to come across a selection of Real Dairy ice cream flavours that are 50% less fat! I have tried the reduced fat varieties by Chapmans and they are really good, so I was an easy sell. It was on sale at Zehrs at $3.99, so there was NO WAY that I could resist. Well, let me just tell you that this ice cream is fabulous! Very smooth, creamy, yummy! Lots of butterscotch flavour and only 3g of fat per 1/2 cup. This is almost unheard of! Compare other varieties or regular ice cream and you are probably looking at 8-9g of fat for the same serving! Think it doesn't matter or it's all the same? I previously used Oprah's tip on satisfying your chocolate craving with the low fat chocolate fudge pops and it worked GREAT for me! The episode I am referring to probably aired around November 2005. Maybe a little sooner, maybe a little later. There were a few tips such as being strict about not eating after a certain time in the evening. I used a few of the helpful tidbits provide to shed a few extra pounds of baby weight -- around 9 months post-partum. Anyway, I am not into extremes when it comes to dieting. I am pretty much thrilled if I can substitute my regular ice cream for 50% less fat and all the flavour! I would love to hear from you with your favorite fat reduced sensational snack idea. To find out what flavour you would be if you were ice cream, click here or here or here. Just for fun.

My rating for Real Dairy Butterscotch Ripple Ice Cream is a 10/10!

1 comment:

The Real Mother Hen said...

I think 50% LESS FAT ice cream is the best product on earth :)
I've recently switch to frozen yogurt and I'm lovin' it!