Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Missing a Friend

The whole Tim McGraw thing opened up a whole new world for me today-- just what I needed, more distraction on the Internet! Believe it or not, I did not know that you can watch music videos on the Web! Guess what I did tonight after our boy went to bed!? That's right - music videos...
Anyway, my husband and I are often trying to remember the name and artist of a song that we listened to years ago. The song sticks out in my mind because we listened to it after our really good friend passed away. It has often come up in our conversation when we are driving in the county and have come across the Christian message signs reading "what is it to profit a man if he gains the whole world, but loses his soul"... You will have to watch the video to understand why this stood out...
Anyway, my mission tonight became finding the song, artist and video! I asked the question on "yahoo questions", but before getting the answer, my husband somehow found the old (very) CD! It was R.Kelly - "I Wish". This is a neat song from an artist who has a "party" rap reputation. I like it because he is feeling "called" to leading a good life and even back to church to heal his pain over a lost friend. Watch for yourself:

Some of my other favorite video links of the moment (just for fun):
Usher "Burn"
R.Kelly "Ignition"
-- by the way, check out "Ignition", it is a really "feel good" song :) Lots of fun!!!

No comments: